Hello, I am LtOBrien, and I will be your VJ (Video Jockey) for the evening. For those of you that don't know me, I have been helping Catzi with her current video project for The Big Brother Matrix in MxO coming this weekend. Sorry to cut it so close with this introduction into streaming video but I've been a bit busy as of late.
Anyhow Let us get started:
What you will need:[/size] 1. NSV Tools 2. Video Software (A video camera, or FRAPS for recorded video, or something like "ManyCam" for live streaming).
Unlike Streaming audio, you will not need WinAmp to stream live video. In-order to view said video though, you will need WinAmp with a NSV plug-in (which comes with the WinAmp versions 2.9 or later). Streaming pre-recorded video though, is the same as audio, ALMOST.
Setting Up:[/size] Now that you have downloaded NSV tools and can now look into the folder, you need to know what everything is.
1. FlasKMPEG - I have no idea what it is, but apparently it isn't any use to us, ignore it. 2. nsvate - This is your file converter. This will convert standard video files (AVI MPEG MP4) into this complicated and useless file type named NSV, that is-for reasons unknown-the only file type that can be streamed. 3. nsvcap - If you couldn't follow the recent naming trend, this is the capture device (signified by the camera icon). This program is what you will use to stream your videos.
To begin, let us try converting a video.
1. Go into your video folder (My videos, Videos, Public Videos, what ever you named it) and select a video. Try to remember the name, if you can. 2. Open the NSVate Program. You will get a window like this:
3. Click the "Add Source Files" Button:
4. Select your video and press "Open". 5. A new window appears asking you to choose a profile, the "Default" should do fine. So highlight it and press OK. (you may fiddle with them later to see what works best for you) The name now appears on the window:
6.Press the "Encode Selected" button:
NOTE: When using FRAPS AVI files must be compiled using movie editors such as Windows Movie Maker, or the File comes up as Corrupted (Currently none of my files will convert... computer has issues) 7. After the file finishes converting, the Default location of the file will be the Source files folder (i.e. My Videos). Locate the file. 8. Open your WinAmp Program, and be sure that your ShoutCast Plug-in comes up. 9. Click the "Encoder" tab, and select "ACC+ Encoder" from the "Encoder Type" list. (you may also want to set your bitrate to 128 kbps if it isn't already) 10. Return to the "Output" Tab And connect normally. As you connect add the file to the WinAmp player, as you would any song, and allow it to being to play.
Congratz! That's all there is to Video Broadcasting.
For Live Feeds[/size] Be sure that you have your webcam setup correctly (this is up to you to do yourself) 1. Open the NSVcap program to this window:
2. First Set the Capture destination ('File>>Set Capture Destination') You are given a window that looks very complicated. Copy these Stats (Assuming you are hosting on a Shoutcast Server):
NOTE: Some settings may be wrong, I have had to reset everything and havent had time to test.[/color] Press "OK" On to the final steps. 3. Set the proper device under ('Device>>NAME') 4. Set your video settings under ('Options') ('NSV>>config') and ('Capture>>Set Frame Rate...'). 5. Start the capture ('Capture>>Start Capture'). The feed should go through as though you used your WinAmp menu, though this is still a little glitchy, some tinkering may be required. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope this helps those who use it. Im sorry it is not as perfect as it should be, but not only am I tired, but I am also new to this as well. If you have found anything to help you in streaming these videos please post them here to aid the rest of us.
Sephiroth X: I'm shocked this forum is still up and running. I got super nostalgic for MxO and somehow found my way back. I miss you guys.
Aug 29, 2019 13:37:09 GMT -8
Karaa: I might need to make copies of some of the posts on here so we don't loose them if this site ever disappears lol. Hope everyone is doing well! Anyone reading any good books or playing any good games? Hello, Seph! Hope you are doing well!
Dec 13, 2019 14:52:47 GMT -8
Rycus: Merry Christmas everyone. I haven't read any books and lately only game I've played is Ark. Pretty sad when I'm not even up to playing Magic which I've played for 25 years. And this place isn't ever going anywhere.
Dec 25, 2019 12:10:59 GMT -8
Ceege: I'm still making my way through Red Dead and going to do Jedi game next.
Jan 24, 2020 7:47:01 GMT -8
Karaa: Good to know! Its nice to come back to the forums and see that you guys are still around <3
Jan 26, 2020 21:16:31 GMT -8
Karaa: Hope everyone had a nice holiday! Hows things going, Ry? Just not really into games lately?
Jan 26, 2020 21:17:11 GMT -8
Karaa: Red dead is on my list, Ceege! Are you enjoying it?
Jan 26, 2020 21:17:39 GMT -8
Rycus: Yeah not really into games atm have other things that have happened that are more on my mind as of late. Although on the plus side I"m still alive and I quit smoking (after having smoked for 30+ years).
Jan 30, 2020 16:38:11 GMT -8
Rycus: Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
Mar 26, 2020 14:27:06 GMT -8
telemancer: wow I havent been here in a year more or less. GREAT to see y´all are doing well!
Jul 8, 2020 8:03:37 GMT -8
telemancer: all is well here in el salvador. though I am forcibly separated from my two daughters who are living and working up in the USA.
Jul 8, 2020 8:05:28 GMT -8
Sephiroth X: Hope everyone is doing well. Been trying to keep myself isolated as much as possible.
Jul 13, 2020 13:41:20 GMT -8